To win NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo, you need to do one thing: Reach your goal!
Once you have reached your goal, a purple Winner badge with fireworks will appear in your notifications (the little bell icon!) Click that badge to visit your winner page!
Here’s how to access your winner goodies:
Troubleshooting Stubborn Projects
- Your goal is 50,000 words.
- Your start date is November 1, and your end date is November 30.
- Your goal is something other than 50,000 words.
- Your start date is not November 1, or your end date is not November 30.
- Announce a new project using the following link. Make sure that "Associate with a NaNoWriMo event" is checked, and the event displayed is NaNoWriMo 2020: https://nanowrimo.org/?addProject=true
- Click the "On to your goal" button.
- The next section should be pre-filled in with 50,000 words as your goal, and the dates marked as November 1 - 30. Click "On to your details".
- You can ignore this next section, or fill out whatever you'd like. Scroll down and hit the "Save Project" button.
- Now that you've created a new project for the official NaNoWriMo event, click the "Update" button. On the form that pops up, fill in 50,000 and click "Update Progress".
- Now that you've gotten an official win, you should be able to view your winner page directly here: https://nanowrimo.org/nano-winner-2020
You can still do this by backdating a progress update in your goal statistics page.
Click the Add a New Update button to add a new progress update. (You can do this to fix your stats or streaks, too!)
Make sure you include a full timestamp, with AM or PM (the actual times don’t matter, they just have to exist) or it will default to the current day.