To edit your word count by day on the NaNoWriMo site:
- Click on “My Novels” in the My NaNoWriMo menu.
- Click the “Stats” button for your current novel.
- Click the “Edit Word Count by Day” button. This will bring you to your retroactive word count editing page.
- Enter the correct, cumulative total you wrote for that day and press the “Save” button. Your graph should now be correct.
- If you wrote 100 words on Day One, input 100 words.
- Then, if you wrote 100 additional words on Day Two, input 200 words to reflect your new total.
- If you have yet to write on Day Three, make sure to still carry over your current total, 200 words, to accurately represent your word count.
On Camp NaNoWriMo
- Click on "My Writing Projects" in the My Camp NaNo menu
- Click "View Statistics" for your current project.
- On the next page, under the graph, click "Edit Word Count by Day" to make changes.