To edit your word count by day on the NaNoWriMo site:
- Click on “My Novels” in the My NaNoWriMo menu.
- Click the “Stats” button for your current novel.
- Click the “Edit Word Count by Day” button. This will bring you to your retroactive word count editing page.
- Enter the correct, cumulative total you wrote for that day and press the “Save” button. Your graph should now be correct.
- If you wrote 100 words on Day One, input 100 words.
- Then, if you wrote 100 additional words on Day Two, input 200 words to reflect your new total.
- If you have yet to write on Day Three, make sure to still carry over your current total, 200 words, to accurately represent your word count.
On Camp NaNoWriMo
On Camp NaNoWriMo, click on “My Writing Projects” in the My Camp NaNo menu, then “View Statistics” for your current project. Under the word-count graph, click “Edit Word Count by Day” to make changes.